- About Us
- What We Do
- Country Networks
Clean Air Asia supported the Guangdong Project Management Office (PMO) in the preparation of a GEF project proposal as well as project implementation support such as the project launch, and a Green Freight Fair. The objectives of the Guangdong Green Freight Demonstration Project from 2011 to 2014 are to demonstrate the global and local environmental benefits of the application of energy efficient vehicle technologies and operating techniques, and to support improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the road freight transport sector in Guangdong, China. This project has four components:
- Green truck technology demonstrations for at least 1200 trucks, in addition to facilitating communication and cooperation among energy efficient vehicle technology suppliers, freight carriers, freight shippers, and other key stakeholders. In addition, it enables project participant access to government and commercial financing, including the provision of financing of green freight technology rebates and performance-based payments.
- Green freight logistics demonstrations including the carrying out of market studies for drop and hook logistics methods and a proposed provincial logistics brokerage platform, and assisting in demonstration exercises of such methods and platform, through the provision of financing of green freight technology rebates and performance-based payments.
- Capacity building which provides technical advisory services for the prepared green freight policy research papers, delivers training for government officials and enterprise managers, and promotes the project and green freight development, including support to the Guangdong green freight websites.
- Project implementation support includes the provision of technical advisory services for project implementation, stakeholder consultations, project results evaluation and dissemination, as well as Project management.
- Green Freight Website
- World Bank Guangzhou Green Trucks Pilot Project
- Development of Green Freight China Program
- World Bank Press Release on Guangdong Green Freight Demonstration Project
- World Bank Guangdong Green Freight Demonstration Project Webpage
- Guangdong Green Freight Website广东省绿色货运网站
Donor: World Bank
Duration: Apr 2010 - Nov 2011 (the Guangdong Green Trucks Demonstration Project runs from 2011 until 2014)
Partners: Cascade Sierra Solutions (CSS), US EPA
Clean Air Asia contact:
Sophie Punte, sophie.punte(at)cleanairasia.org
|Project Summary - Guangdong Green Freight Demonstration Project||167.55 KB|