- About Us
- What We Do
- Country Networks
The Clean Bus Fleet Program in India aims to investigate the potential for fuel and CO2 emission reductions of bus fleets in India and to design a framework for a national Clean Bus Fleet Program.
Clean Air Asia activities:
- Data / information collection & national data on bus fleets
- Develop a Bus Fleet Management Toolkit for India
- Toolkit application to the three bus fleet operators and calculation of national-wide potential for fuel/CO2 reductions by extrapolating results from the bus companies
- Meetings with key stakeholders to get input on the potential, opportunities and barriers for clean fleet management of buses, plus to obtain/verify national data needed for extrapolation of case study results, and input into the design of a Clean Bus Fleet Program
- Data/information collection relevant to a national Clean Fleet Bus Program, covering existing policies/programs by government, existing practices of bus fleet companies, and existing programs of other countries that could be used to design a program for India.
- Design a Clean Fleet Bus Program
- Organize a Clean Bus Fleet Roundtable
Clean Air Asia held a stakeholder round-table in association with the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) on October 18 2012, which saw active participation from bus corporations, manufacturers, academe, NGOs among others.
Clean Air Asia also interviewed various experts and stakeholders in developing a road map for clean fleet management. The report is attached below. The toolkit is available for download at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92stz20e1ojnwek/uPo683fLN5
For press release click http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/node/11688
Report featured in the Times of India 20 April 2013 http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-03-20/bangalore/3787176...
Featured in Fuels and lubes http://fuelsandlubes.com/archives/7693
Donor: Shakti Foundation
Duration: Jan – Aug 2012
Clean Air Asia contact:
Parthaa Bosu, parthaa.bosu(at)cleanairasia.org