||The Clean Air Sri Lanka (CleanAirSL) was established in 2004 as a non-stock, non-profit organization to work on combating air pollution. It operates as a partnership of a group of professionals and environmentalists from government organizations, private sector, nongovernment organizations, academe, and development agencies. It assists government agencies in implementing air quality management and climate change mitigation programs. In the government, CleanAirSL works closely with the Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Transport, among others.|
2011 Highlights of Activity:
1. Conducted a country AQM needs analysis.
2. Organized the Clean Air Month in Sri Lanka involving the Sri Lanka AQM community and the Annual Meeting of stakeholders Month.
3. Participated in the Walkability Survey in Colombo and other cities together with local stakeholders and released a report on the results of the survey.
4. Implemented a case study for KnowledgeAir on stationary sources emission regulations.
5. Participated in Phase 2 and Phase 3 implementation of the Clean Air and Blue Skies Exchange Program.
6. Conducted data mapping on energy and transport indicators required to come up with GHG and air pollution emissions estimates in Sri Lanka as part of the GHG and AQ Indicators Project.
CleanAirSL holds annual National Symposiums, actively supports the Government of Sri Lanka's Vehicle Emission Testing (VET) Program. It contributes or will contribute to the implementation of KnowledgeAir, Knowledge Partnership for Measuring AP and GHG Emissions, and the Clean Air and Blue Skies Exchange.
CleanAirSL is Clean Air Asia's Country Network in Sri Lanka which is part of the Clean Air Asia' Partnership. Cities, national government agencies, academic institutions, nongovernment organizations, private sector companies, and development agencies can apply for free membership to the Clean Air Asia Partnership. The application form can be downloaded at http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/members/partnership
For a list of Sri Lanka-based members of the Clean Air Asia Partnership, see Sri Lanka list
[header=Clean Air Asia Partnership Members]
Clean Air Asia Partnership Members