- About Us
- What We Do
- Country Networks
Projects and Activities:
- Development of Green Freight China Program
- Green Freight Corridors in GMS
- Green Freight India
- Green Trucks Pilot Project in Guangzhou
- Guangdong GEF Green Freight Demonstration Project
- Support to the Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forum
- Wuhan Low Carbon Freight and Logistics
- Institutional and Policy Analysis of Green Freight in China
Our Green Freight and Logistics Program consist of three components:
- Establish regional and national green freight programs or initiatives. We will continue to support China in the implementation of the China Green Freight Initiative, while working with other governments to design and establish similar national green freight programs. Support to gain traction for a national program can take the form of pilot projects, national green freight seminars, study tours, policy briefs, and advisory groups with representatives from different government agencies. Regional coordination among governments and the private sector will ensure program consistency in Asia and with programs in the US and Europe.
- Mobilize a Green Freight Asia Network of private sector companies and associations. GFAN will be developed as the main private sector partner for national initiatives on green freight, and as the Asia equivalent of US SmartWay and Green Freight Europe. Through working groups with GFAN members, we will work on developing the GFAN organization and expanding its membership; methodologies and tools for CO2 measurement and reporting; public and private stakeholder engagement; and a platform on technologies, capacity building and financing solutions.
- Improve knowledge and data on the road freight sector to inform policies, programs, or initiatives. To build confidence in green freight technologies and strategies, pilot projects will be initiated in various countries on clean technologies (making use of the Green Trucks Toolkit), urban freight, and other areas. In support of the Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forum, a set of green freight indicators will be established, as well as a database and processes to collect and report data by different Asian countries. We will continue with research studies, our Green Freight & Logistics website, news digest and other forms of communication to increase awareness and knowledge.
Goals 2016 for Asia
- Asian countries have a national green freight initiative or are part of a similar multi-country initiative that actively engage government and the private sector.
- Asian countries and cities of more than 1 million collect and regularly report key freight data.
- Clean truck technologies are available and demonstrated across Asia.
Robert Earley, rob.earley(at)cleanairasia.org (Program Manager)
Fu Lu, lu.fu(at)cleanairasia.org (China contact)
Parthaa Bosu, parthaa.bosu(at)cleanairasia.org (India contact)
Cascade Sierra Solutions
Guangzhou Environmental Protection Bureau (GZEPB)
Guangzhou Project Management Office
Sustainable Supply Chain Centre for Asia and the Pacific
US EPA Smartway Program
Asian Development Bank
Australian Government, AusAid
China Sustainable Energy Program (Energy Foundation)
China Road Transportation Association (CRTA)
Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC)
Energy Sector Management Assurance Program
UN Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD)
Private Sector Partners:
Green Freight Asia
|Rise of Green Freight in Asia_Sep2012.pdf||197.34 KB|